Sunday, September 4, 2011

40th Class Reunion




























As I prepared for this reunion…I knew it would be a quick weekend as I had to be back to work on Monday. I kept thinking I needed to be there because these things only happen every 10 years. So I pushed through the hardness of the trip…set my mind to it and took off …Robert came with me so he could see his dad…

When I rolled into Memphis Tn … I instantly realized I couldn't go visit my mother! My mother died 6 weeks after Mell….Then the last time I dropped Robert at his dad's was with Mell! I began to panic…my emotions were so torn!

I got to my cousin Peggy's and her sister Linda was with her…I just fell into Linda's arms and let loose all the pent up emotion of the day…it was a good release and I am thankful she was there at that exact moment! Their mom and dad came to visit me too…my dad's last living Sister! I am grateful to have such a great family!
God always provides !

My friend Carol called and said she would pick me up in 45 minutes for the reunion…I was staying with another cousin Marian and her husband Armando and I had to get over there and get ready…then I thought " what am I doing here?"I wanted to go back home and withdraw and be alone... But again I pushed through the hardness of all that was going on inside of me.

The 2 ladies with me in the picture are the only girls I went all the way from Elementary to High school with…Debbie has been battling ovarian cancer and my friend Miriam is now a widow too…so we all had something in common.

Carol and Ann picked me up in a convertable…what a way to go to your 40th class reunion!

On Sunday I got to visit with my Brother Frank and Aunt and Uncle…my mother's sister Rosalie... who was at mom's side everyday to see her through her illness…

All and all I can say "It is well with my soul"

Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Philippians 4:13
I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

I truly believe without my God I could not have made it to this reunion and
had the opportunity to revisit the people that were important parts of my life growing up.

Thanks to my Lord and Savior "Jesus" I am forever His!
... to all the girls of the graduating class of I.C 1971... and my wonderful family in Memphis Tn !






No comments:

Post a Comment