Thursday, July 21, 2011

Home Is No More Goodbyes!






































..On the drive into Palmer from Anchorage the first day of my trip... I saw a double rainbow and the last day as I met with my friend Wendy from Sheep Mountain...I saw another rainbow...we both just soaked in its beauty!


I am forever grateful...His promises stand true.


7/17/11


Leaving Palmer...I said goodbye to Jay and Sandy on Friday...now...as I say goodbye to Helen and Paul...I can’t

believe the emotion of leaving this beautiful place, and my Alaska family...I really feel I am leaving home to go to my other home...see Graham and Emily in SanFransisco ..and eventually I will get to go to my heavenly home which will be the last place I call home.! It’s emotionally conflicting. I guess the saying stands...”Home is where you hang your Hat”

Mell and I hung our hats in a lot of places...The last place I get to go and Hang my hat is with The Lord Jesus Christ...who is preparing a place for me specifically!

As I left Palmer I went out on the lake behind Helen and Paul’s house and just meditated on God’s love and peace...I said goodbye again to Mell...just seems I am always saying goodbye...

Hello....Goodbye...Hello ...Goodbye...But this is temporary I know!

I am trying to keep my eyes on the eternal...looking at my homes here as temporary! Its hard! But it is true! Home is no more goodbyes!


Revelation 21:


1 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’[b] or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”



No comments:

Post a Comment