Sunday, August 15, 2010

Journey to Healing




























Happy Birthday Graham!


8/15/10(Graham’s 30th birthday)


The next step in my grief journey will be my first real solo trip without Mell. I have to leave my little puppy Avi too. We all know what a comfort a pet can be at this time of grieving. She will be staying 1 week with my son Robert and the 2nd week with my friend Ruth. I have a real peace today after praying over her and giving her to the Lord to take care of her for me.


I will be leaving for Wyoming on Tuesday on a backpacking trip for 2 weeks one week in and coming out for 1 day and then returning to a different area for another week. It will be the longest backpack I have ever done.

Its all about the climb God is taking me on...


I am asking God for a time of reflection on my life with Mell, all that he gave to me...and what it means in my life now that he is gone... It was his whole heart that he gave to me and my heart belonged to him wholly. I want to reflect on the Love we shared and the fun we had. None of which would have happened without each other.


I am asking the Lord for healing in this Wyoming wilderness area.

I know that He lives in me and goes with me wherever I go.

If you have read past blogs...you might remember the “Breath of God” I think He is preparing me to take the next step. To go beyond what is expected of me. I haven’t a clue what that is...but I am preparing to take it whatever it might be!


"How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me?" (Psalm 13:2).


Evening, morning and noon I cry out in distress, and he hears my voice(Ps 55:18)

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path" (Psalm 119:105).

Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.

Isaiah 58:7-9


He will lead me.. as on this hike I will take one step at a time,

In grief I will do the same... one step at a time. Some parts of the journey will be harder than others...just like this hike...I’m sure some trails will be harder than others....


My healing will break forth! He will be my rear guard!


I will return on the 1st of September thank you for your prayers at this time.

























No comments:

Post a Comment