Monday, August 2, 2010

Crying Out In The Day Of Trouble























8/2/10


Recently I cried out to the Lord for a “Widow Friend” and I mean cried out ! This is an extremely hard road to walk alone. The loneliness can be overwhelming at times. I have had my hearts desire come to pass and be taken away in a moment. The Pain is extreme !


Within two weeks of my cry....Robin at church introduced me though email to my new friend ! Debbie is a widow of 5 years and has been not only an answer to prayer, but an encouragement and a buddy ! She likes to hike ! It's like we were old friends who have reconnected after many years of being away.


What can I say of our God ? He answered me in my day of trouble. He sent me the help and strength I needed. Psalm 20:1-2


My Loss is great to me...and all our family included...God’s word brings me promise that in these severe troubles He will revive me ! He will increase me ! He will bring me comfort !


This He has done in one simple prayer...I knew what I needed and I simply asked...My God came though BIG !


Psalm 71:20-21

You, who have shown me great and severe troubles, shall revive me again, and bring me up again from the depths of the earth. You shall increase my greatness, and comfort me on every side.


What is it you need?...I mean really need...not just a want...a need..Cry out to your God from the depth of your heart...He is a God who hears your cry and answers !


May God answer you in the day of trouble; may the name of God of Jacob defend you; may He send you help from the sanctuary, and strengthen you out of Zion.

Psalm 20:1-2





1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you and Debbie have met up! She is a great encourager and wonderful servant. Walk in grace and love- Donna

    ReplyDelete