Saturday, June 25, 2011

"Cheated"





































As I prepare for my trip to SanFransisco and Alaska I am reminded of the last trip to both places…both with my sweet Mell.

In November of 2009 we both visited my son, Graham and his girl Emily. Graham showed us around the town. Mell had told me he had been to SF before…I quickly realized he hadn't seen much….just flew in on business and looked around some and flew out…

Graham did a great job as tour guide and I have great memories of that trip.

Mell really enjoyed the trip and was glad he had come with me.

Tues night at griefshare…a subject came up.."cheated" I just feel cheated!

How many times had I said the same thing! I had met the man of my dreams…we were so
in love and he treated me wonderful! He loved me! I wanted…really wanted to spend the rest of my life with him…I didn't care if he got sick and I had to take care of him…I felt like I finally could keep my marriage commitment …..but I didn't think it would be the part "till death do us part"

Yes I felt cheated! We had just begun our life together…we had hopes and dreams just like all of you…do or did…

But when one of my group members said "I feel Cheated" and then another said "I do too"

I had to say "I remember feeling the same way" "I felt Cheated" It was a strong feeling too!

But it struck my heart that I don't feel that way anymore. Healing is begining.

I feel so blessed to have been Mell's wife for even a short time. He was a good husband and
I will never be the same person I was before I was his wife. Our love for each other and God
changed both of our lives.

I am not the same! I am blessed because of him and I believe he was blessed because of me.

God put us together for a reason…I do not understand the whole picture….but one day I will.

God does change lives…He is our comforter and our healer...

John 3:7-8
7 Do not be amazed that I said to you, ‘You must be born [c]again.’ 8 (K)The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

1 Peter 1:3
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

1 Peter 1:23
for you have been born again not of seed which is perishable but imperishable, that is, through the living and enduring word of God.

His spirit within you and the word of God(Bible)is living and enduring and is what brings about change in your life.

So if you are tired of hurting…tired of running away…run into his arms of love…
He is waiting for you!




















No comments:

Post a Comment