Monday, June 13, 2011

Rest in Him





































This past weekend I went to the "Deeper Still" conference with Kay Arthur, Beth Moore, and
Pricilla Shirer.
To start off it was in "Freedom Hall" A good name for what was to take place…

Kay started off with "God's Love" that inspired the last post.

Pricilla taught about the" sabboth"…rest….cease…Pause…breathing room…take time…

Deuteronomy 5:14-15

14 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your ox, your donkey or any of your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns, so that your male and female servants may rest, as you do. 15 Remember that you were slaves in Egypt and that the LORD your God brought you out of there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. Therefore the LORD your God has commanded you to observe the Sabbath day.


Remember where you came from? I remember well what the Lord has done for me…Pause and think about that...

Psalm 40:2
He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.


He wants us to gather each day …and not hoard…if we hoard it will STINK!


19 Then Moses said to them, “No one is to keep any of it until morning.”

20 However, some of them paid no attention to Moses; they kept part of it until morning, but it was full of maggots and began to smell. So Moses was angry with them.


2 Corinthians 5:17

17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come The old has gone, the new is here!


Do we still have our "Slave Mentality"? Do we want to go Deeper Still with our God ? or do we want to stay in Eygpt? The old is GONE…The NEW is here!


Sometimes I feel myself just running on the inside…still waiting for Mell to come back…I catch myself feeling like I am going crazy…then I stop…I get Still …I wait on God…He calms my storm on the inside and gives me the hope I need "I will see Mell again one day" His peace calms my storm…His loves caresses me…engulfs me…He knows how to slow me down…He knows me inside and out…Just like Mell did…only much deeper, and in eternity I will know Him much deeper!


Ps 46:10 Be still and know that I am God.


Exodus 3:15-16

“This is my name forever,
the name you shall call me
from generation to generation.

16 “Go, assemble the elders of Israel and say to them, ‘The LORD, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob—appeared to me and said: I have watched over you and have seen what has been done to you in Egypt.


He knows what we are going through or what has been done to us in the past…He is watching over us and will never leave us or forsake us….Rest in Him…take the time each day and refuse to overdue…enough is enough! Break free from the rush…rush of the world…come out and be separate !













No comments:

Post a Comment