Saturday, May 29, 2010

Those Who Grieve




















































5/29/10


For whatever reason God chose to make us the way He did...limited and suffering and subject to sorrows and death...He had the honesty and courage to take His own medicine.Whatever game He is playing with His creation, He has kept His own rules and played fair...He Himself has gone through the whole human experience, from the trivial irritations of family life and the cramping restrictions of hard work and lack of money to the worst horrors of pain and humiliation, defeat, despair, and death!


Dorothy Sayers


When you read this it makes you understand just a little more about who my God is. He is not one who does not understand what I am going through. He knows full well all the pain of loss.

He is walking right beside me all the way. He will never leave me.

I am not alone.

My God not only understands my sorrow, He has the power to do something about it.


Isaiah 61:1 “He came to heal the brokenhearted”


Matthew 5:4 “Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted”

He knows how to bring comfort to me. I will ask daily for Him

to show me the comfort He promises those who grieve.

Some days I just don’t see it...but I know He is with me.


Isaiah 50:4 ...The sovereign Lord has given me his words of wisdom, so that I know how to comfort the weary.


Jeremiah 31:25

For I have given rest to the weary and joy to the sorrowing.


Isaiah 49:13

For the Lord has comforted his people and will have compassion on them in their suffering...


Today...I would ask “Are you suffering?” “Have you lost someone really close to you, as I have?” “Or it may be something just big to you alone...maybe your health?” Whatever it is “He cares for you”


1 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,

because the LORD has anointed me

to preach good news to the poor.

He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,

to proclaim freedom for the captives

and release from darkness for the prisoners,

2 to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor
and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,

3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a
crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the LORD
for the display of his splendor. Isaiah 61:1-3


I Take heart that He will provide me with a “crown of beauty”

and “oil of gladness”and “a garment of praise” and...that I will display His Splendor or Glory....ALL FOR US WHO GRIEVE!


3 Strengthen the feeble hands,
steady the knees that give way;

4 say to those with fearful hearts,
"Be strong, do not fear...

Isaiah 35:3-4


Be strong in the Lord...He is our only help in time of need!



No comments:

Post a Comment