Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Big Healing Fish
















































































































8/20/10


Today we did an all day hike to the Ticomb basin, about 9 miles or so... I have never felt such peace as I did today...this place was filled with the most beautiful flowers you ever saw...I have heard its probably better in heaven(Heavenly flowers) but this is as close as it gets to Alaskas flowers...I still think they are bigger though!


We ran into 7 ladies on a hike..they all had hats on that said that! (pictured above)


The best part of the whole hike happened today on the way back from the Ticomb Basin. Kathy Bobby and I decided to fish our way back to camp...we didn’t have much luck though.


We were almost back to camp when we stopped one more time.

Still no luck...Bobby said “I’m ready when you are...I said
“OK” one more cast and bam! A nice size trout hit my line and jumped out of the water...my first thought was of Alaska, every time a Salmon would do this, it would get off my line. Mell would say “ Keep the Tip up, Mary” “ Keep the line tight”

So instantly I had this memory and tightened the line and held the tip up and was able to catch this FISH! The best part was that...

it was my first “HAPPY” memory ...I laughed until I cried tears of JOY! My first real healing moment!


"Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn" (Romans 12:15).


Then I caught one more...and we ate them for dinner!


No comments:

Post a Comment