Friday, September 3, 2010

A Hug From God




Bobby, Ernie, me and Kathy











This trip was my solo(1st) big trip without my sweet Mell…When I did my solo backpack I ran into Ernie…He invited me on this trip..He thought it would be good for me to go…He was right…At the time I didn't have Avi and it made it even harder to go now that I had my little puppy and had to leave her for 2 weeks.

Everything I do is so hard...sometimes I just get tired of hard.

But the Lord is right beside me urging me on to healing.

(Day 1) 8/17/10


It started on the plane...we were a little late getting to Utah so the pilot asked if we did not have a connecting flight to sit tight and let the others off first...I took my time and waited...as I was leaving the flight attendant was helping me get my backpack down out of the bin. Her name was Adrian. She was very helpful so I decided to give her one of my “One heart Beat Away” books. She took one look at it and said “I am a Christian and my husband died 5 years ago” just like that, she said it! Of course then I added that my husband had died 6 months ago! We walked out of the plane together like we were best friends, she walked with me to the baggage claim...talking all the way...we said goodbye with a hug and said “See ya in heaven”


It was just one of those moments when you know that God was right there with you and had given you a hug!


Luke 24:15

As they talked and discussed these things with each other, Jesus himself came up and walked along with them;


When you take steps to healing God definitely can meet you, but you have to take the step first!


The next thing you know there was Kathy...we hung around for a little while and talked, got our bags and then went to the car rental to meet Ernie and Bobby. Everything went according to plan. That night we got our backpacks ready and early day 2 off we go!



No comments:

Post a Comment