Saturday, September 25, 2010

God's Detour















































8/25/10


We hiked to Temple Peak today about 8 miles...we have gone about 55 miles so far.


On the way back from Temple peak we saw smoke over the mountain side. We found out later two ladies started a camp fire and it got away from them. At first it looked like clouds and we were trying to decide if it was clouds but there was not a cloud anywhere. Then all of a sudden a big hugh burst of smoke filled the sky! Black smoke and lots of it. By the time we got back to the camp site there was no sign of it. The people that told us about it lost their tent in the fire as they had to run to escape the fire.


The odd thing was Ernie had told us on the way to Temple Peak we would come back the the way where the fire had been, but he changed his mind because of time and we went back the way we had come. I think God had something to do with that!


"Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long" (Psalm 25:4-5). Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment