Saturday, September 11, 2010

Melly






































I have not been keeping up with my journal on my Wyoming trip because of this little girl…our new Grand Baby, Melly

Alexis Mell Hall born on 9/9/10 at 4:10 pm
Weighing in at 6lbs 5 oz and 20 inches long!

She was 3 weeks early and had a little trouble breathing at first…but I believe she now has the breath of God! Breathing fine on her own and hoping to go home Monday or Tuesday.

I got to hold her yesterday for the first time.
Just holding this beautiful miracle of God touched my heart…I believe I am ready to love this little girl!

I had Avi to thank for that! It took me a whole week to open my heart to love again and not fear that I would lose the ones I love…this is a real fear I think that we who lose one very close to us has…

When Matt told us they immediately took her away from them for oxygen because she wasn't breathing right... we all gathered around him to pray…I can't tell you how I felt…all I can say is I wanted to throw up! I prayed that God would breath His life into our little Melly and I believe He did!

After I left the hospital…I was emotionally exhausted…thats when it hit me..that mean old painful thing called "GRIEF" I realized this was something I should be sharing with my beloved husband and he could not be with us in this joyful moment of the new life of Matt and Beth's little Melly! Our grand baby !

Thanks to my new friend "Debbie" who I was able to cry to and share my pain…I made it through the night. She was just there for me…and thats what I needed.

Then one surprise after another…Jay and Sandy called and wanted to come see the baby.
They were in Atlanta. Jay is a pilot for Delta and they were passing through. They are our friends from Alaska that were here when Mell went to his eternal home. So needless to say they are special people to me!

We surprised Matt and Beth with the visit from them and I got to hold Melly again!

This time I returned home with a thankfulness in my heart because God is always helping me through this time of the loss of my sweet Mell. The visit from Jay and Sandy did my heart good because I know that God brought them in my time of need. That is the kind of God I serve!

Thank God for this precious gift of Life and I believe also Mell can see his grand daughter from heaven. I believe he is a proud Papa! and for me I am a proud Mama Mia! 2 Corinthians 4:8-9
We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair;persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.


No comments:

Post a Comment