Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Warming the Heart

































































8/22/10


Today we broke camp and hiked to Pole Creek Lake. We crossed two streams and went about 8 miles. We went through Lester Pass where it was really windy and we started to see rain clouds. We where almost to our camp site when the bottom fell out....Hail and heavy rain. We held up under some pines until it stopped, we found our camp site which turned out not to be where we had planned to camp, which meant we had to start out the next morning crossing that stream again!


I went fishing while the others napped. I caught two little brook trout.


Back packing gives me such peace...in the midst of pain...I really love it out in the wilderness...and I want Avi to be with me.

This is God’s grace to me and His mercy!

I am so thankful to Him for this time of healing.

Now I can see a light at the end of the tunnel. I can see how memories can bring healing. If I had never taken this trip I would have missed the big trout and missed that healing memory!


ISAIAH 46:4 He will carry me and rescue me.


At dinner tonight it started raining again and it got really cold.


I remember Mell telling me there was a motorcycle jacket that had heat in it for winter and the heat pumped out over your heart and that would warm up your whole body.


So while we were waiting for our dehydrated food to simmer in the packaged bag, I said “If you put it over your heart it will warm your whole body” Bobby looked at me and put his bag over his heart.


Then I said “Mell told me that” and we laughed!


Another healing moment, again if I had not gone on this trip I would not have experienced this healing memory!


Today 9/8/10 is 7 months since Mell’s home going...and I am 7 months closer to being with him...I am not leaving him behind...I’m catching up with him!


Ezekiel 39:28
Then they will know that I am the LORD their God, for though I sent them into exile among the nations, I will gather them to their own land, not leaving any behind.


Philippians 3:7,8

Whatever was to my profit I now consider loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment