Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Love of My Life
















































(Day 2) 8/18/10


On the trail as we hiked this first day...It was very difficult to say the least (emotionally)

While hiking we met an old guy named Chuck, I guessed him about 80 something. I got to talking to him and he said he loved the wilderness and hiked all over the place. He knew the Wind River Range like the back of his hand.

I ask him if there was some special reason he liked to hike. He said he had been doing it since he lost his 3rd wife in an auto accident. She was the love of his life. I told him about Mell and

thats why I was there too. He too was the Love of my Life.


Just getting myself to Wyoming was hard...but now I see that it already has been spiritually enlightening. My heart is so sad, but at peace. God has wrapped my heart in his hands.


God wants you to pour out your emotions to Him: "Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge" (Psalm 62:8).


He also directs you to share your emotions with others: "Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn" (Romans 12:15).


"Bear one another's burdens, and thus fulfill the law of Christ" (Galatians 6:2 NASB).


Lord Jesus, grieving is as natural and as common as loving. I want to help make it as acceptable, too. May my healing journey spark healing in those around me. Amen.


P.S. First day out we saw...I think...a ptarmigan...a chicken like bird...I have seen it in Alaska...If its not a ptarmigan Alaskans let me know...Eric...Jay...Mike...Ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment