Saturday, September 25, 2010

Laughing Out Loud and Listening to the Quiet !














































8/24/10

We left the North part of the Wind River Range and spent the night in Pinedale. Kathy and I had girls night out. We got our gear and food together and left early the next morning for the southern part of the Range.

Bobby, Kathy and I had a real challenge on this trip hanging our food in the trees…Ernie had to take over and do it for us today. It was really funny…It was good to laugh…

I think of Mell with each step I take on this trip. Sometimes I want to say out loud "Check it out" to him…and I do silently.

I know I make my "Mary noises" as Matt calls them and drive Ernie crazy…but Bobbie and Kathy just laugh at me.

Today Kathy said "Listen to the quiet" and Bobbie got silent and started to listen…I said "what are we doing?" and he said "Listening to the quiet" I tried really hard to listen and I was gritting my teeth to be quiet and listen….the 3 of us just burst into laughter…

When I am with other people like on this trip…I notice life is much easier…I hurt still but just being with people takes away some of the loneliness. Kathy and Bobby have shared with me in my pain and I have come to be grateful to them for what they gave me on this trip. Mostly I laughed again. Thanks to Ernie for getting me to go.

Yet it was good of you to share in my troubles" (Philippians 4:14).


No comments:

Post a Comment