Monday, July 11, 2011

The First Few Days... Love Never Fails
























































































































7/8/11


I left the airport in my new ride…(I think I want one) …thanks to my friend Mike! I look good in it Mike…and it makes me feel even more at home!


I am staying with Jay and Sandy..our friends who were with me when I received word that Mell had been in a crash…The first day here Jay took us out in their boat out for a test ride on Cotton wood lake …Jay let me try out driving the boat… ….we visited their friends who live on an Island on the lake…then they put me to work…and I enjoyed every minute of it ...they have taken me under their wings and made me feel like family here..I took this picture of Jay's cub at midnight here…just to give you an idea of the darkness here????


I revisited the Palmer Pool where we spent many rainy days when we couldn’t fly.

The second year we came out here it was a bad summer...weather that is...so we spent many days with Janice our real-estate lady, when on those rainy days she gave us houses and more houses to look at...we just traveled around looking...and looking...and looking! It was great fun! Getting lost…Mell was so good at finding our way back!

I met with her today...we talked and shared our lives with one another.

Everywhere I drove..I could almost point out some of the houses we looked at...I have seen videos in my head and heard conversations that we had ...and felt very alone...my heart aches as I write this, but at the same time I have peace... This place was to be our home. I have let go of making it my home without Mell. But as soon as I got here I said

“Now I remember why we wanted to live here part of the year.”


Yesterday I met with Helen and Paul...we had stayed in their little cabin the last year we were here...We too had much to share about life. On the way to there house there is a street called

"Better Duck" Everytime and I mean everytime we passed it Mell would say "Better DUCK!"

I had to laugh as I heard his voice telling me to DUCK!


I had dinner with Patty… at mine and Mell's favorite restaurant in Palmer "Turkey Red" Patty was the one with me half way up Lazy Mountain.


I left there and visited the Palmer airport…took a picture of a husky airplane like we had …the old courtesy car was still there…what a blast we had as we turned heads in this old clunker!


Again I feel like family here...God is Good...His love endures forever

It has been 17 months since I lost my Mell..


For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations
1 Corinthians 13:8
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

No comments:

Post a Comment