Monday, July 18, 2011

The Endless Sea of Memories










On the way to Kenai






























































































































7/11/11

We took off the next day to make a drop on the Kenai...the fish were not running ... no one was catching anything...everywhere we went nothing! Salmon that is....but deep within the sea...

7/12/11

....There are Halibut...Christina, Rich and I set out for Deep Creek where we caught up with Travis...Mell and I met Travis on our first trip to Alaska. I remember it well .... the 4th of July....Some friends invited us to go Halibut fishing ...we had nothing to do..so Mell and I said “OK” I caught the “Big Fish” 60 lb Halibut...Mell had to help me pull it in...

The sea was a little ruff but the day was beautiful!

We caught our limit and a bunch of Cod...all of which we could keep!

We called Christina the “Cod Lady” She caught 6 nice Cods.

Afterwards we got to visit with Travis's family…His wife Nettie and 3 boys and 1 girl…cute little bunchkins!


Alaska has been a very bitter sweet trip for me...it has brought up so many of the memories of the past ...all of which I know I will never forget...but deep down...somehow...I am fearful...fearful of forgetting…

Travis, Christina and I huddled in the back of the boat before we got back to shore and prayed a little prayer before dropping more of Mell’s ashes into the sea… here... where we came every year to fish. The three of us huddled there with the wind blowing and the boat swaying...crying and missing our beloved Mell.

Life will never be the same…

I know their is a special place in heaven for a man who gives up his own life to save the life of others...


John 15:12-14


12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command.


1 comment:

  1. Hey! Love the pictures! I'm glad you could come by again. It was great to see you.

    ReplyDelete