Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Unknown Awaits!



















































































7/16/11


The Last day...this was a hard one...I am feeling like I am forgetting him again...leaving him behind...again I put my faith in my God...I am not alone and I am not forgetting Mell !

As I decided to hike Hatchers Pass...I did not know what awaited me...but I just kept hiking...This hike was like my new journey through grief...I just kept walking not knowing what was ahead...I was thinking of the Lord where he said “I go to prepare a place for you” He knows what I love and what satisfies me...when my son comes home...I get excited...I know what he likes and I prepare for him to come...how much greater is the Father preparing for me .

As I walked down this path the beauty overwhelmed me. This great valley walking next to the Little Susitna River...the beauty of the River and the sound of the rushing water...I found a rock and

just soaked it in...really...God met me and filled me full of his love, right there on that rock!

On this journey of grief ...I never know what I am going to encounter...especially here in Alaska the place where we were to retire in the summer months...

I am never surprised at what God can do...sometimes it seems He just makes it even harder for me...like right now on the plane..he places me next to a couple who just got married last night...I told Him it wasn’t funny! But these are the things that I do not expect but they happen anyway...just like the little porcupine who unexpectedly showed up on the trail on my way out! Those prickly little spikes can be painful...but I just scared him off and I didn’t get hurt!


1 Timothy 1:7 For God did not give us the spirit of fear ...but of power of love and a sound mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment