Saturday, July 9, 2011

Lazy Mountain
































































































Go to: www.mmtakeflight.blogspot.com ,and see this same trip when Mell and I did it Sept 7, 2008. Mell did a video explaining the whole valley…you must check it out.
click the archive and pick this date.

Received Mell's ashes on Friday…My friend Patty and I started out together on the gruesome hike up Lazy Mountain around 11:30 on Saturday. This is the most beautiful place, but I remember Mell and I saying we would never do it again! Its a 3000 foot elevation climb in 2.5 miles and no switch backs! Patty decided her limit was at Mile 1…so I set up alone the rest of the way...

When I got to the top…I had about 15 or 20 minutes to myself before some other hikers came
up…I could see them coming…

I had my personal little service for Mell ….and spread some of his ashes over the valley below…where we had decided to retire part time…we would be what Alaska calls "snow birds"…when the snow comes the birds fly away! I sang "It is well with my soul" Had a good cry and awaited the hikers…when they arrived I had them take pictures of me in the same spot where Mell and I had taken photos…then they continued to climb…and I said "I didn't know we could go further?
So I followed them …up this narrow little ridge …took more photos…looking down on the flag
where we had taken our original photos…

They left and I stayed longer…just lingering …not wanting to leave…I left part of me there…I think…or I just had that feeling … that missing Mell feeling…wishing he was there…

Had some great conversations with God…asked for His help…He met me there as He always
does…and I pushed myself up and off the top…heading back down the steep decent … always missing Mell ….forever longing to see my Lord and King…and meet Mell again in heaven!
This is the hope we have in Christ…we do not grieve as the world grieves …we grieve with hope of seeing our loved ones again!

1 Thessalonians 4:13

13 Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment