Thursday, April 1, 2010

Island Retreat Solo
















Solo Sunset without Mell









3/19/10
Liz called and told me she was going to the island to pick up Tom and wanted to know if I wanted to go...I decided this was what I needed to do...while there I read the AJC article in the Marina. Bad news..I have never read it before..it was a bunch of lies..one of which some boy said he saw a man struggling to get out of the plane and then suddenly stopped struggling.
This is how my island retreat started. I was sick...laid down on the boat as we waited for Tom. I heard a warbler(bird) say...Ant ant..ant ant....like it was saying ...that’s not true...that’s not true...
Then when Tom arrived an Eagle began to circle around the top of the Marina...I told everyone there “Thats for me”

Friday was really hard...I went straight to get my bike and road to the point...fell on my face before God....that night was hard...but I slept on and off for 12 hours...got up Sat
morning and God met me there ...I was able to read my bible and devotional books, I had not been able to concentrate at all until this time...and he gave me a sense of peace.
Some things i wrote down at the island:
“Any fear that comes I will dive into the water of it”
Anything that I think I cannot do without Mell..Do it  face it head on...like David with Goliath.
  
After my bike ride to the point...I came back to the house..he was not there...I grabbed a chair and fell asleep in the chair...suddenly I felt the chair shake...like Mell was trying to wake me up...I do not have an explanation for the chair shaking unless it was an earthquake.
My whole goal in life now is to please Him, my Lord. That’s all I have. I feel like Job stripped of my Mell.
2 Cor 3 :6,9, 12, 176 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.9If the ministry that condemns men is glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness! 10For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory. 11And if what was fading away came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts!12Therefore, since we have such a hope, we are very bold. 13We are not like Moses, who would put a veil over his face to keep the Israelites from gazing at it while the radiance was fading away. 14But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away. 15Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. 16But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
Ps 50:14 Sacrifice thank offerings to the Lord, I am thankful I had Mell even for this short period of time.
I will call upon the Lord in my day of trouble.
He will deliver me and I will honor him.
3/20
I have found heart rest today.

No comments:

Post a Comment