Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Letter from a Close Friend
















This letter was written after my letter to all of you…my friend was having a hard time with my pain…and letting fear grip her heart…fear of the same thing happening to her that has happened to me..Fear is a very destructive thing and we must take hold of it and put it in its place. If I had not written that letter I could have lost my good friend to fear…first Timothy 1:7 says "God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind."Take hold of fear and put it under your feet! Walk in the power of God…and please love me through this pain…how many of you feel this way?

Read her letter:

Mary,
I think you are a very strong woman and your faith is amazing. I think of you everyday as I pass the airport on my way home from work. And I pray for you too. You are the best example of a Christian woman that I have ever had the pleasure of befriending. I am very glad that God put you in my life.
I am ashamed of myself for not calling you more often or being there for you. I haven't been a very good friend. I wasn't sure why I was avoiding you but now I know. I feel guilty because I still have my husband and you have lost your love. It just doesn't seem fair and I'm not sure how to act or what to say, afraid I might say something that would make you miss Mell even more. And knowing that I couldn't face you without tears. But I realize nothing could make you miss him any more than you do already. I worry everyday about losing my husband or one of my kids but I should be thinking more about trying to comfort you.
Your letter has taken away the fear that I had of talking to you and sharing tears. I'm sorry to admit that I ever had that fear. I was just afraid of reminding you of the hurt that I thought you were trying to forget.
I pray that you will forgive me and still think of me as a friend. I would love to come and see you one day this week if that's ok.
Love ya lots

No comments:

Post a Comment