Saturday, April 3, 2010

My Shepherd




4/3/10
The shepherd tends to his sheep. Sheep are really needy, they can’t do anything for themselves, accept eat and the shepherd has to lead them to green pastures! 
When they get cut the shepherd uses oil to heal their wounds. The wounds of just living in the pasture. Wounds of butting heads with other sheep.


The oil also repels insects that harm the sheep. These insects can actually kill sheep! 
The Shepherd doesnt want  today’s wound to become tomorrow’s infection. 


Neither does God want our wounds to become infected.  Our wounds are of the heart...If we are not careful our wounds can become bitterness...and so the Shepherd needs to treat us for our wounds of the heart.


Jesus is our Shepherd and when I felt that love that he poured into my heart on several occasions since Mell’s death...I believe He was pouring this healing oil into my heart.


Our heart wounds can come from just living in the pasture, our world, or butting heads with others in our lives. We may face a loss like I am facing. 
It may be an illness. Whatever your wound is….know that... 


(ps 100:3) We belong to Him; we are His people, the sheep He tends. 


He will do for you what the shepherd does for the sheep. He will tend to you. 


Lord, I give myself to you; my God, I trust you.(ps. 25:1,2)


What else can I do but trust in God? I have nothing else. He is all to me now.


(1 Pet. 5:6) be humble under God’s powerful hand so he will lift you up when the right time comes. 


He will lift me up out of this grief...when the right time comes! I trust Him to do so. I am prepared to wait on Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment